Makes about 18 pancakes
· 1 egg
· 1 ½ c. almond milk
· ¼ c. grapeseed oil
· 1 ¾ c. oat flour
· ½ c. raw almonds, finely chopped (I usually whiz them up in a food processor!)
· 1 T. non-aluminum baking powder
· ½ t. sea salt
· ½ t. cinnamon
· ½ t. almond OR vanilla extract
1. Whisk egg, almond milk, grapeseed oil, and vanilla extract in medium bowl.
2. Mix oat flour, almonds, baking powder, sea salt and cinnamon in a small bowl.
3. Combine dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Stir until moistened. Let sit for 5 minutes to allow oat flour to soak up liquid.
4. Use ¼ cup measuring cup to drop pancake mix onto a lightly oiled skillet on medium heat. (I use coconut oil to oil the pan. You will need to re-coat the pan between sets of pancakes)
5. Heat each side until golden brown. (Flip sides!)
6. Serve with pure maple syrup and berries.
If you don’t have oat flour on hand you can grind rolled oats in the food processor—measure flour AFTER you process them.
Freeze leftovers for a quick breakfast or snack!
Please be sure to use certified gluten free oats if you have Celiac or NCGS.