· 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
· 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth (OR vegetable broth)
· 1 can artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed and roughly chopped
· 2 T. EVOO
· ½ onion, finely chopped
· 1 red pepper, chopped
· 1 yellow pepper, chopped
· 1 lemon, juiced
· 1 garlic clove, minced
· ½ cup parsley, chopped
· ½ t. sea salt
· ¼ t. black pepper
1. In a medium pot, bring chicken broth to a boil.
2. Add quinoa, return to a boil then cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook 12 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for 15 minutes then fluff quinoa with fork.
4. In a large bowl toss the quinoa, artichoke hearts, onion, peppers and parsley.
5. In a small bowl whisk together the EVOO, lemon juice, garlic, sea salt and pepper to make the dressing.
6. Pour the dressing into the large bowl and gently mix to combine.
7. Can be served warm or cold!
* Serve on its own, as a side dish or over a dark leafy green salad!
TIP: Rinse the quinoa in a mesh strainer before cooking. Quinoa contains saponins—a naturally occurring insect repellent—which gives it a bitter taste.