· 2 cups oat flour
· 1 15oz. can pumpkin
· 4 T. honey
· 4 T. coconut palm sugar
· 1 ½ t. vanilla extract
· 2 eggs
· ½ t. sea salt
· 1 t. baking soda
· ½ t. baking powder
· 1 ½ t. cinnamon
· ½ t. nutmeg
· ½ t. pumpkin pie spice (optional)
· ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Combine pumpkin, honey, coconut palm sugar, vanilla, and egg in a bowl and beat until combined.
3. In a separate bowl combine oat flour, sea salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk together.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
5. Stir in dark chocolate chips.
6. Fill muffin tin lined with baking cups.
7. Bake 18-22 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean).
8. Cool on rack in pan, then remove from tin.
· To make your own oat flour: If you do not have oat flour on hand, you can process rolled oats in a food processor to make your own oat flour. Measure flour after you grind it up into a fine powder.
· For egg replacer: Combine 3 T. water with 1 T. ground flax seeds (= one egg)
*If you have celiac disease or are gluten intolerant be sure to use certified gluten free oats!